VP Sales, CEO, President
Walter Michael Wasyliw
firstname.lastname@example.org | 615-500-5009 | linkedin/in/waltwasyliw | Nashville, TN
Chief Revenue Officer | VP Sales. Preeminent “C” level business development executive who redefined the revenue paradigm at multiple companies. Expanded one of FISI-Madison Financial’s divisions from $2M to $430M. Increased Tecniflex’ revenue by over 400%. Business hunter who flourishes at closing personal sales under the subscription model and opening new markets. Built high-performance teams, led sales and service organizations and produced record levels of revenue and EBITDA. A strategic summit seeker who drove unprecedented results. Experienced at partnering with C level executives, establishing operational excellence, and communicating strategies to improve share and revenue. Entrepreneurial, visionary, and innovative.
- Sales Rainmaker, New Business Hunter, Market and Product Expansion
- Joint Ventures, Alliances, Strategic Partnerships and Acquisitions
- Hiring, Inspiring, Training, Motivating, Evangelizing Teams
- Benchmarking, Best Practice Implementation, KPI Focus
- Superior Presentation, Negotiation and Closing Abilities
- Consultative Sales, Consensus Building and Teaming with C Level
- Corporate Vision, Strategic and Operational Planning
- Forecasting, Budgeting, P&L Responsibility
Tecniflex, Inc. DBA Bancsource May, 2002- October, 2015
A cutting edge technology and financial equipment services and sales company that provided innovative solutions to 2100 customers.
CEO/President (December, 2006 – October, 2015)
Focused on the company’s strategic direction and P&L, but, also a “player-manager” who opened new doors for his sales team. Personally sold into Tier 1 financial Institutions and Fortune 500 companies. Responsible for 400% revenue and EBITDA growth. Reported to the chairman.
- Set year over year revenue records.
- Achieved EBITDA milestones multiple times.
- Was Nautilus Hyosung’s largest Value Added Reseller every year from the program’s initiation in 2010
- Became the nation’s fourth largest ATM and second largest smart safe service company.
- Transitioned company from a regional to a national firm. Completed transformation on operational, service and sales platforms to a national perspective.
- Inspired an executive management team that rapidly revamped the business model, focused on KPIs, and optimized profitability. Developed a continuous improvement culture.
- Opened multiple new markets through joint ventures, alliances and strategic partnerships with OEMs (original equipment manufacturers), IADs (independent ATM deployers) and CITs (cash in transit companies).
- Engineered and executed turnaround plan in 2006/ 2007.
- Continuously investigated and implemented new ideas to take advantage of rapidly changing technology.
President - Chief Revenue Officer (May, 2002 to December, 2006)
Responsible for revenue generation, marketing, and acquisition initiatives. Travelled extensively to develop relationships with C level executives at banks and new verticals. Managed all sales functions. Hired, trained, and inspired sales team. Reported to the chairman.
- Raised revenue production by instituting new sales strategies, controls and metrics. Transitioned the sales function from product to solutions based. Maintained a group of personal clients and prospects.
- Generated record market share and margin.
- Successfully implemented a record number of new and larger customers by creating the National Account Management position enabling the sales, service, and logistics teams to closely collaborate.
- Revamped branding, marketing and corporate website.
- Identified, negotiated and closed four acquisitions expanding the scope and geographic footprint.
- Benchmarked and implemented best practices from acquired companies.
FISI-Madison Financial- Cendant Corporation June 1984 – March 2002
A $550m company, part of a $30B corporation, which was a leader in the design, administration, and fulfillment of customer engagement and loyalty programs that increased fee revenue and account retention for financial institutions. Today part of Affiinion.
Executive Vice President-Business Development (December, 1997- March, 2002)
Directed all sales, product development, and marketing. Reported to the president.
- Achieved record setting revenue growth and margins through superior sales strategies.
- Collaborated closely with operations to ensure a cohesive approach maximizing profitability.
- Optimized resources between the divisions to achieve higher revenue, profitability and efficiency.
- Launched new products and services to increase cross selling, retention, and improve margins.
- Partnered with the operations team to move production from San Carlos, CA, to Nashville TN.
Senior Vice President- Developmental Marketing Division (February, 1992- December, 1997)
Called on C level executives at Tier I banks and led the division to unprecedented revenue growth. Hired, managed, inspired and led the sales team while maintaining a personal account base.
- Sold 17 of the top 20 banks and tremendously raised production from the sales team resulting in the top line growing from $20M to $430M.
- Teamed with the marketing and operation groups to introduce superior new products and campaigns.
- Established operations in Canada and relationships with Citibank Canada and credit unions.
Vice President - Sales (January, 1990- February 1992)
Responsible for directly selling to high level bank executives and managing the sales team who sold the newly developed Customer Appreciation Program (CAP).
- Formulated new sales strategies that closed the first sales in the Tier I bank space. Personally sold six of the largest financial institutions in the USA.
- Hired, inspired, trained and developed a national sales force. Ensured that the team followed a disciplined approach. Grew from $2m to $20m during this time period.
Account Executive/ Midwest Region Sales Director- Sales (June, 1984 - January, 1990)
Sold loyalty programs to community bank and credit union executives in a seven state region.
- Led the nation in new client growth by over 300%.
- Set company records annually for the highest number of new clients sold during 1985,1986,1987,1988 and 1989.
Northwestern University - Evanston, IL.
Bachelor of Arts - Economics and Political Science
Member of Northwestern University D1Track, Cross Country teams and Alpha Delta Phi fraternity